-
October 27th, 2006, 06:07 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Ok...
So Ive decided... after years...
I do want another car, and Im getting older and as much as I love my Sol. Its going to be sold, or will be for sale around april or so. Depending on how long it takes to sell it and what sorta deal I can get @ the local BMW dealership it will go bye bye...
Whats your opinions on an asking price?!
First of all its a 1994 Vtec model
B16A engine
111908 Miles
Engine was put in 2001
Included:
No A/C
JL Audio Stealthbox
MTX Amp.
Pioneer Head unit
Civic Si rims
REAL Del sol Leather Seats ( Not Reupholstered )
Redded out Tail lights
Apexi Exhaust ( Muffler ) With 2.25 Custom Piping
Intake
DC Sports Header
Thats about all I can think of off the top of my head...
Anyways here is the pics...
http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r...remember_2006/
Let me know what you all think...
Thanks!
-
October 27th, 2006, 02:52 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Nice clean garage. Wanna sell it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
The Sol is clean too, not ricey. Is it an original DOHC even though it doesn't have the original block?
I've seen stockers listed and presumably sold for $5500 or so. I didn't get to see the vehicle or know the selling price so the car may have been in worse condition and the number of the sell could have been different. The leather seats cost a pretty penny but I'm not too sure you can recoup that in a vehicle sale...kinda like with any other mods you do. If you wanted to get the best price for them, you may want to sell the seats separately and put stockers back in...if you still have them.
If you want the best price available, you might try starting out at an asking price of $7000 - $7500 with an OBO and see if someone who knows a bit about the Sol wants to pay the premium or maybe some spoiled kid with too much money is interested. I would love to buy a DOHC but not at that price...but that's just me.
Good luck.
-
October 27th, 2006, 10:44 PM
#3
Inactive Member
What Khoi said about price is around what it should go for since you did the swap (I remember helping you with the map sensor part at the one meet you came to). Also leather seat are reupholstered for your information, they take off the stock covers and put the leather ones on, so yes they are reupholstered. It's sad that your going to sell it, but do what you must, your still young. You going for a 325i? For me it would be a NSX if $$ were not a question, mid '90's model.
Geo
President
Team Sol of Washington
-
October 28th, 2006, 04:49 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Hmm Well since your the Main sol man I will have to take your info. haha..
For some reason I remember seeing a post on SS about Leathers. I know from what was talked about they were an Option in Europe. They came in a Red color, and I thought black too. Oh wells...they are nice. haha
I dont remember what Edition they came in, but was in some Sols produced in Europe and maybe somewhere else..
Anyways... This is what I plan to get.. and well use the money I get from my SOL as a down payment.
Either a 2004-2005 330CI
I can afford up to 500 a month for a car payment, Depending on insurance, as I only pay 89 bucks a month for full coverage on my sol, So I will have to see the cost for the beamer...
Reglardless, I will do what it takes to get one. lol
-
October 29th, 2006, 01:45 AM
#5
Inactive Member
my girl might actually be interested in that sol. Since you said you're planning on getting rid of it by april, that might give us enough time to find someone to buy our 99 civic. But if you could actually give me a FULL list of the car's history with you(maintainence, problems it has/had, etc), every single "mod" you have done with the vehicle, whether or not you have papers for the motor, whether or not the car is a factory VTEC model del sol or a swapped sol, clean title?, etc...anything and everything would be appreciated.
-
October 29th, 2006, 11:11 PM
#6
Inactive Member
OK here?s the basis...
I have a big file folder of papers. The Car IS a Vtec model. The Vin number is JHMEG2176RS002876. Just in case you want to look it up. I have a vast amount of receipts and paper work for proof of anything I have in the car or have had done. I just recently had a new Excedy clutch put in so that is pretty fresh. I do have a receipt for the engine that is from Auto Adventure here in Oregon. I put redded in tail lights in, Changed the shift knob, installed the Stealth box, and amp. I also installed the Rear and front speakers, and also put tweeter in the doors. I replaced the Spark plus wires with MSD wires. It also has Angel eyes. I have Most receipts for most of this stuff including the stealth box.
As I said I have had the Clutch replaced, which in fact never needed to replaced, but had already bought it and had the money to replace it. Come to find out it was only a problem with the clutch master Cylinder.
The title is clean, other wise I wouldn?t have bought it in the first place. I do have the title in hand too btw. The hood is a little scratched and has a upwards dent. Most people don?t notice it, but with the few little details on the body I would still keep my asking price firm around 5k. Replacing the hood and possible the front bumper would also be good depending on your preference.
Lets see, I also have a full print out of the paint code. As you can see in the pictures it does have leather seats also. I?m just trying to at least get some interest in it, so when it does come time to sell it wont take me as long. If I didn?t need the money for a down payment I would love to keep it, but I wont have room for two cars. It also has a python alarm on it, with the Display Remote.
I?m hoping to make it up there sometime before I sell it for at last a final meet with everyone, and if people were actually interested in the car, I would allow test drives.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
oh yeah, the only thing that has happen was I had someone hit my front bumper and was repaired by a Honda dealership. It had no structural damage at all. Just had to throw that out there, not sure if it would show up on a car fax, but I filled out a accident report for it, and I?m an honest seller.
-
October 31st, 2006, 07:33 PM
#7
Inactive Member
haha...
well as it stands right now...
I will be selling it around April or so.
I guess it just depends on who's really intrested then....
Im glad theres actually interest in it, makes it easier on me in getting the next car.
It will be sad to see it go, but unless I get another two car garage, this wont fit in it.
-
October 31st, 2006, 09:37 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Well, that's the one stickler because I am actually actively looking all the time. Most of what I've seen were overpriced beaters that people got tired of and wanted the premium price just because it was DOHC or 'rare'...etc. If I actually could find an unmolested unit for a fair price before April, I'm out of the running because I don't even a garage for the cars I do have.
Sure you don't want to sell the garage? [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
-
November 1st, 2006, 04:20 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I'm in for $5k. I can use a clean garage. Or, was that the Sol you were talking about? Ok, not as good a deal as the garage but I would be interested still. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
January 31st, 2007, 10:52 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Hmm, I seemed to remember February as the month when you were thinking of selling the Sol. I think senility has set in.
Anyhoo, have you decided as to whether or not you want to sell. I don't need the garage anymore as I should be getting one done in about a month. I haven't gotten around to fixing Solitaire as...umm, I don't have a garage yet. Driving the truck is just bleeding my wallet every time I pass a gas station so I'm still interested in something a little more fun and less expensive to drive. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks